No matter what kind of flooring you have, we all hate it when someone stamps it with their footprint. But the problem increases when it is a wooden floor since you cannot use water every time in order to clean the floor. In case if you are thinking abouthow to clean wood floors, then you have come to the right place. Today, in this article we are going to learn how to remove footprints from the wooden floor.
What to do?
In order to clean the footmarks off the wooden floor you will require the following items first:
- Soft cloths
Once you have all the items ready, here is what you have to do.
- In order to cut through the build-up, you will first need a bit of vinegar in order to remove it. Once it has been removed, the footprints will not be that much visible.
- First mix ½ cup of vinegar in a gallon of warm water in the bucket.
- Wet a mop or use the soft cloth in the solution that you have prepared. Wring the mop in the bucket itself and make sure that there is no extra water in the cloth. Make the cloth damp before, you use it on the floor.
- Use the mop and wipe the surface that is affected with the vinegar solution. Rub the area gently in circular motions until the marks are gone. Also, rinse the mop frequently while cleaning the floor.
- After you are done allow the surface of the wood to dry. If you notice any wet spots lingering, use a towel to dry them.
- In case if you see that the marks are still there then it means that the build-up is still there. In this case, you may have to repeat the steps again until and unless the footmarks are completely removed.
Well, that’s the way of removing footprints from your wooden floor. If you do not want marks on your wooden floor in the first place then, ask your family members and the guests to leave their shoes outside their doors. If no one walks on the floor wearing their boots and shoes then, there will be no footprints,to begin with. Now that you know how to clean it, hopefully, you can keep your floor clean now.